Thank you for visiting the Foil Request App of the Town of Hempstead, Long Island, New York. Like all online resources, we recognize that users to this service are concerned about their privacy. The Town of Hempstead is committed to preserving your privacy when visiting this website.
1. The Internet Protocol address and domain name of your Internet service provider.
2. The type of browser and operating system you used
3. The date and time you visited this site
4. The web pages or services you accessed at this site
5. The URL or web site address of the web site you visited prior to coming to this website and from which any web page on this site was linked
6. This information is used to improve this website's content and to help the Town understand how people are using this website. This information is collected for statistical analysis, to determine what information is of most and of least interest to our visitors, and to identify system performance or problem areas. The information is not collected for commercial marketing purposes and the Town does not sell or distribute the information collected from this website for commercial marketing purposes.
If during your visit to this website you submit a form to the Town, your email address and personal information will be collected.
Your email address and the information contained in your form will be used to respond to you, to address issues you identify, or to further improve this website. Your email address is not collected for commercial marketing purposes and the Town does not sell or distribute your email address for commercial marketing purposes.
"Personal information" is information about an individual (e.g. an individual's name, address, and phone number). A domain name or Internet Protocol address is not considered personal information.
Personal information is not collected through this website unless you submit a form to the Town through this website. If you do not communicate with this website it does not affect your ability to use any other features of this website.
The Town does not knowingly collect personal information from children or create profiles of children through this website. People are cautioned that the collection of personal information provided by any individual in a form will be treated the same as information given by an adult. The Town encourages parents and teachers to be involved in children's Internet activities and guide the children whenever children are asked to provide personal information on-line.
Information collected through this website, personal or otherwise, may, if not protected by law, be subject to disclosure pursuant to law, such as the Freedom of Information Law (FOIL), or court order.
Additionally, the Town may disclose personal information to law enforcement authorities to enforce its rights against unauthorized access or attempted unauthorized access to the Town's information.
NOTE: The information contained in this policy should not be construed in any way as giving business, legal, or other advice, or warranting as fail proof, the security of information provided via this website. For site security purposes and to ensure that this website remains available to all users, the Town employs software to monitor traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or otherwise cause damage to this website.
Information provided on this website is intended to allow the public immediate access to public information. While all attempts are made to provide accurate, current, and reliable information, the Town recognizes the possibility of human and/or mechanical error. Therefore, the Town, its employees, officers and agencies make no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, currency, or suitability of the information provided by this website, and deny any expressed or implied warranty as to the same.